Pregnant Sam Pinto Shares How She Deals With High Blood Pressure, Dark Underarms, And More

  • “Smooth overall” is how Sam Pinto describes her pregnancy with her and her husband Anthony Semerad‘s first child. She didn’t have morning sickness, but she’d always feel like vomiting whenever she’d smell something off.

    “My only issue was my sense of smell,” the actress and entrepreneur tells SmartParenting.com.ph in an exclusive interview. “I felt like puking all the time.”

    Sam goes on narrating that she and Anthony, a pro basketball player, don’t have a helper in their condo. So they do their own cleaning and cooking (he takes charge, she does the dishes).

    “I take out the trash,” she says. “Bubuksan ko pa lang, ‘Oh, my God, di ko na kaya. Nasusuka na ’ko.’”

    Apart from that, Sam points out, she also deals with having dark underarms, as well as stretch marks around her butt and boobs. Her solution: lathering the problem areas with stretch mark cream and serum, plus sebo de macho.

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    “Honestly, I’m still testing it out,” she says. “Parang it kinda works a little bit. Nagla-lighten ang stretchmarks. Nakaubos na yata ako ng dalawang sebo de macho. So ten minutes of putting everything and another two minutes of drying.”

    She adds the so-called pregnancy or mommy brain in her short list of symptoms. But she just laughs off being so forgetful. What really concerns Sam and her doctor is her blood pressure (BP), which, she recalls, began rising two months ago. She’s on her 37th week at the time of our interview.

    “I became hypertensive,” she says, adding that she gets a systolic reading of 160 (the normal reading is 120). “I don’t know why, maybe it’s genetic because my mom also had it with me and my sister. I don’t feel any different. Hindi naman ako namamaga or anything.”

    Upon her doctor’s orders, Sam’s been having weekly checkups. But, she observes, she gets stressed out going to the hospital, where air conditioning is not turned on apparently in response to COVID-19 protocols.

    CONTINUE READING BELOW
    Recommended Videos

    “Kung puwede lang, naka-bikini akong pumunta do’n,” says Sam, who loves the beach and beachwear. “As in ang init. Naka-dress, shorts, sleeveless lang ako. If naka-PPE pa, it’s so hot. May fan pa ako. Maybe that’s why my BP is high. I don’t know.”

    Sam admits she gets affected with all the changes in her body, so she turns to affirmations, such as “I accept all the changes in my body.” She’s also started getting something she wasn’t so fond of before: regular grooming of her nails and lashes. “Just to make myself pretty,” she says, and therefore feel good about herself.

    On a lighter note, she talks about developing a fondness for–or pinaglihian in a way– chicken empanada since her third month of pregnancy until now she’s just counting the days to give birth. She says, laughing, “I could eat five in one go.”


Pregnant Sam Pinto Shares How She Deals With High Blood Pressure, Dark Underarms, And More
Source: Progress Pinas

Post a Comment

0 Comments