Anne Curtis Says ‘Gentle Wean’ Helps Her To Have Less Hormonal Shifting

  • “Wasn’t easy” is how Anne Curtis describes her breastfeeding journey, which began 17 months ago when she and her husband Erwan Heussaff had their first-born child Dahlia Amelie in March 2020.

    The actress/TV host/entrepreneur shared a few of her “own struggles” on Instagram with three photos showing her breastfeeding her baby “in some random places,” such as the park and parking lot.

    “Let’s just say there was curling of toes and frozen cabbage involved,” she said, with a shoutout for her mother Carmen Ojales. Apparently, Anne learned from her mom that breastfeeding hack of placing cabbage leaves on the breasts to relieve pain and swelling.

    Despite all those struggles, Anne said breastfeeding Dahlia has been “an unforgettable first time journey so far.” She added, “One I’ll always cherish. All the little moments shared between her and I (hair pulling and biting involved).”

    Anne also wanted to highlight another aspect of breastfeeding that she “wasn’t aware of” and “kinda wish I knew.” She explained, “When I started dropping feeds (when food became her main source of nutrients), my hormones started changing and I was just very quiet and felt somewhat melancholic.

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    “I didn’t really notice till Erwan called me out. Did myself some reading and learned that it’s because of a drop of prolactin and oxytocin levels when you start to lessen feeds.

    “But since I am weaning slowly, and breastfeeding only 2-3 times a day na lang, it’s become somewhat a gentle wean that’s helped me not have such an abrupt shift in hormones. But there’s definitely something that changes.” (Read here about weaning.)

    She pointed out, “So there, just thought I’d share that this happens. Just in case you’re like me, and didn’t know and can prepare yourself for when that time comes. I am definitely treasuring every moment of my bf journey while it lasts.”

    Anne also has this message: “And to all the mummas whom have had their own personal struggles with breastfeeding. You do you. You and your doctors will know what works for your little one and will keep them happy, busog and content.”

    She ended her post with the hashtag #WorldBreastfeedingWeek. It is a global campaign to raise awareness and galvanize action on themes related to breastfeeding, according to the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA).

    World Breastfeeding Week runs every year from August 1 to 7, and in the Philippines, the whole August is dedicated to National Breastfeeding Awareness Month. (Read here about the benefits of breastfeeding.)

    What other parents are reading
    CONTINUE READING BELOW
    Recommended Videos

Anne Curtis Says ‘Gentle Wean’ Helps Her To Have Less Hormonal Shifting
Source: Progress Pinas

Post a Comment

0 Comments