Sherilyn Reyes On Lasting Marriage: ‘Kill Your Spouse With Kindness Kahit Nakakainis’

  • Sherilyn Reyes has been with her husband Chris Tan for 20 years, and she wonders aloud online: “How did we get there?” She answers her own question, tagging her better half: “We go lifting our own chair,” punctuated with three laughing out loud emojis.

    The actress and mother of three goes on enumerating, in an Instagram post, what makes her relationship with the former pro basketball player work for the past two decades.

    Love is patient

    Sherilyn writes in the caption, addressed to Chris: “God knows how both of us tried and still try to be patient with each other, on times we put our patience to a test. We practice deep breathing.”

    Love is kind

    Sherilyn has this advice to married couples: “Kill your spouse with kindness kahit nakakainis.” She explains by addressing her husband: “I have learned to rant to God when I don’t like you. I just pray for God to take away whatever bad feelings I have for you, then just discuss with you on days when you are in the best mood.”

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    She elaborates, “Kasi when we have issues, maya-maya parang walang nangyari unless big matters. Me tension whole day until we sit down and talk about it. ‘Cause you are the confrontational type who would sit us all down to discuss issues. Encourages open communication.”

    Love does not keep a record of wrong

    Sherilyn teases Chris, “Maswerte ka, Honey.” Apparently, she’s not the type to hold a grudge. She relates, “Sometimes when we fight, after sometime I ask myself what led us to an argument. Tough for things that really matter.

    “I just have my different ways of relaying to you which for you always have to be discussed, na for me basta I get my point across, okay na di pag usapan any further. While you, keep on telling me what’s wrong with me, hoping I could change it, kasi paulit-ulit.”

    Love, love, love

    Sherilyn shares more aspects of her relationship with Chris: “I love how we have both changed for the better and we are still learning together. Pansinin mo pride ko, wala na!”

    She adds, “I love it that even if you always say you know you are doing the right thing you still try to do better based on comments and suggestions. I love that you always make sure I feel your love.

    “You always tell our boys if they find someone like me they’d be lucky, and I pray they love the way you do so their future wives will be lucky. I thank God for where we are now in terms of our faith. God has never failed to make us feel His presence. We continue our quest for God’s truth.”

    CONTINUE READING BELOW
    Recommended Videos

    She ends her post with affirmations for her husband: “I love you Mahal, my funny yet sometimes annoying and sometimes not so gentle giant. I know the ride has never really been easy but it has been proven, as long as we are together, with God, there is no storm we cannot weather.”

    By all accounts, Sherilyn and Chris got married, first, in civil rites in December 2003, and then, in church in December 2012. They have two kids: Lorenz and Eia. Also part of their brood is Sherilyn’s son from her previous marriage, Ryle Santiago, who’s also in showbiz. (Read here for more tips on love and relationships.)

    What other parents are reading

Sherilyn Reyes On Lasting Marriage: ‘Kill Your Spouse With Kindness Kahit Nakakainis’
Source: Progress Pinas

Post a Comment

0 Comments