Miriam Quiambao Had To Wean Elijah While Pregnant With Ziki: How She Did It

  • When Miriam Quiambao found out she was pregnant with her and her husband Ardy Roberto‘s second child together in late 2020 (read here), she was still breastfeeding their middle child Elijah. (They consider Joshua, Ardy’s child with his late first wife, as their panganay.)

    Miriam recalled how she felt at that time in an Instagram post timed for the World Breastfeeding Week, a global campaign aimed to raise awareness and galvanize action on themes related to breastfeeding. It runs every year from August 1 to 7, and in the Philippines, the whole August is dedicated to National Breastfeeding Awareness Month.

    The beauty queen-turned-actress/book author/motivational speaker shared two photos of her breastfeeding her new baby Ziki, whom she gave birth to on July 12, 2021 (read here). Elijah, now 2 years old, is busy playing with his toys in the photos.

    Miriam said in the caption, “I can still remember the last few times when I was telling Elijah (then 1 year and 10 months) that he’s now a big boy and should say goodbye to Mama’s ‘dede.'”

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    She added, still on Ejlijah: “I know he still wasn’t over Mama’s milk but I needed him to move on because I just found out that I was newly pregnant with Baby Ziki. Pretty soon, he was detaching by himself and clapping his hands that he was able to do it.” (Read here how Miriam prepared Elijah how to be a kuya.)

    She admitted, though, “Deep inside, I was missing our bonding but it needed to be done. Mine was already a complicated pregnancy with a threatened abortion, and I can’t afford to have premature contractions due to the stimulation my nipples get from nursing Elijah.”

    (In an interview with SmartParenting.com.ph in May 2021, Miriam said she experienced subchorionic hemorrhage. That’s why she was ordered by her doctor to take a full bed rest for one month.)

    Miriam went on with her breastfeeding journey now: “7 months later, it’s Baby Ziki’s turn to be nursed. Thank God my pregnancy and childbirth went well! I pray that I will be able to sustain this, hopefully for up to 2 years or longer. #GodWilling.”

    She pointed out, “Breastfeeding is hard and painful and tiring. I barely get a good night’s sleep. However, it’s also very rewarding to hear my baby swallowing my milk knowing that I can nourish not just his physical needs with my own body but also his emotional, mental and spiritual needs. How amazing God is to have given us, moms, this ability!”

    CONTINUE READING BELOW
    Recommended Videos
    What other parents are reading

Miriam Quiambao Had To Wean Elijah While Pregnant With Ziki: How She Did It
Source: Progress Pinas

Post a Comment

0 Comments