Jim Bacarro Admits ‘Ang Arte Ko Talaga’ During Wife Saab Magalona’s First Pregnancy

  • Welcome to Real Parenting, a space where parents can share the joys, pain, and the mess of parenthood. Want to get something off your chest? Share your parenting journey? Email us at smartparenting2013@gmail.com with the subject “Real Parenting.” Click here to read more ‘Real Parenting’ stories.

    As Jim Bacarro reflected on fatherhood, he couldn’t help going back to the time he and his wife Saab Magalona were to find out they were expecting to become parents.

    “I wish someone told me,” Jim began, in response to the question by SmartParenting.com.ph during a recent episode of Summit Sandwich Sessions participated by editors and writers of Summit Media.

    “You should behave during the pregnancy. I was such a…Ang arte ko talaga.”

    Saab inquired, “What do you mean?”

    Jim replied, “I was still thinking about my sensitivity that time. You know what it was like…I hated the fact that I should’ve let you get mad at me. And in fairness to Saab, she was not, she’s not a pregnancy horror story but she was different from her usual self.

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    “And it was an adjustment for me and I wish I knew that when you see it, you just need to  keep quiet forever. So the second pregnancy you could say that I was, like, I learned my lesson and I’m okay.”

    In February 2018, Saab gave birth to twins but only one baby, Pancho, lived. Over a year later, she gave birth to another boy, Vito.

    These days, Jim just loves being dad to Pancho and Vito. He said, “I tell all my friends who are all not fathers because all our friends are young. I always say life gets harder when you become a father but it’s so much easier to understand…My why has been so clear.”

    Watch Jim and Saab’s interview in this video:

    What other parents are reading
    CONTINUE READING BELOW
    Recommended Videos

Post a Comment

0 Comments