Rabiya Mateo Hopes To Reunite With Father In The US: ‘I Just Want To Know If He’s Alive’

  • Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo has always been open about longing for her Indian dad and wanting to look for him.

    Rabiya and her brother were raised by their mom, and in interviews, the beauty queen shared that their dad was the one who named her “Rabiya” — which means “queen” or “princess.” The last update they had about him was that he was a doctor in Chicago, Illinois.

    ICYMI, Rabiya is in the US competing in the 69th Miss Universe pageant, which will take place on May 16 in Hollywood, Florida. She hopes to reunite with her father while she’s there!

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW
    CONTINUE READING BELOW
    Recommended Videos
    rabiya mateo
    INSTAGRAM/RABIYAMATEO

    Rabiya recently told ABS-CBN News: “This is [the] first time I’m gonna be outside of the country. Yes, I’m so excited. It’s been my dream to go to [the] US because I really want to see my father…

    “I’m not closing the book. I feel there’s still hope. And maybe when I’m there I might find him because I have his name, I know his name and his birthday.

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    “So maybe I can have a track of where he is if he’s alive or not. Something like that, can I do that kaya. I just want to know if he’s alive or not, I’m not even sure if he has an idea that I won Miss Universe-Philippines.”

    Rabiya Mateo on her favorite memory with her dad

    During a guesting for Magandang Buhay last year, Rabiya shared how she was inspired by Gazini Ganados‘ story: Gazini met her father for the first time during the course of her Miss Universe stint.

    ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW

    According to Rabiya: “Isa rin po talaga ‘yan sa goal ko kung bakit ako sumali ng Miss Universe Philippines… Gusto ko sana malaman if nasaan na yung daddy ko, if okay lang ba siya. Kasi kung hindi, kung kailangan niya ng anak, pupuntahan ko siya at aalagaan ko siya.”

    She also talked about one favorite memory she has with her dad: when he bought a piano and played lullabies for her as a kid! Rabiya said she doesn’t feel any resentment or hatred when it comes to her dad because her mom raised her with good stories about him.

     We’re super looking forward to this father-daughter reunion!

    This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.

    *Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.

    What other parents are reading

Post a Comment

0 Comments